Saturday, October 1, 2022

Questions to consider this term


 Well reflecting over the past week on some burning questions, I found it difficult to choose just one. I am curious about so many things and have a thirst to learn more. I have decided to target 2 questions, one personal and one more surrounding some educational ideas.

1. What type of alternative learning schools are available in my local area? What curriculum do they follow and how do they integrate their curriculum into the alternative environment?

2. What can I do to "stay fresh" while taking a short break from teaching? What should I do to prepare myself before returning to a teaching position?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyla, I think you are already doing the work to stay fresh while you are taking a break. You are enrolled in this PME and I am sure you are learning so many things that you will be able to bring back with you to the classroom. I would also add that whenever I have space in teaching or performance, I always try and go back to the joy that brought me there in the first place. For me, I like to go and see live theatre, which ignites inspiration and passion that motivates me when I return to the classroom. I have also started keeping a creative journal, with a similar format to a gratitude journal, where I write something that inspired me creatively or that I found creative beauty in during my day.

    I am also intrigued by your question around alternative education and how they incorporate curriculum and look forward to reading about what you find!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Growth

  “Reflection as a way of life”. I think it is important to really read this statement moving forward and realize that you need to make time...